jueves, 10 de julio de 2014

Scattered Heart Chain- Chapter 13 (Read Online)

The Legend of Link
Scattered Heart Chain
Chapter 13

-The Personal Errands of Being Link-

                      "This is an Online version of Chapter 13 of SHC. This version's format lacks features from the original. For the official version, reach for the PDF  available here: 
http://kim-sukley.deviantart.com/art/Scattered-Heart-Chain-Chapter-13-467141681  "


It had been a whole day since their unfortunate meeting with their dark sides. The main plaza was almost destroyed completely: great and small pieces of wood, concrete and brick were scattered all around the Heroes' Statue. For the past 24 hours, the islanders worked hard to get everything fixed, and so on, to begin with their sacred annual ceremony in honor of the Hero, Link.

A new dawn was slowly breaking into a beautiful, two-floored house, where Lin happily took care of her new friends. In her room, Time and Twi still slept profoundly, tangled tightly together. On the bottom floor, a group of four boys dressed in green, red, blue and purple, were getting ready to take a warm bath to greet the morning, unlike another pair of boys who were yet asleep; Windy and Engi appeared as if they would never wake up from their deep slumber.

  • I wonder if they'll wake up. They've been sleeping for a whole day--- well, more like a day, a night and what goes of this morning- Said Blue, looking at Engi and Windy.
  • I think they are just too tired, hee hee!- Responded Red in a little squeaky tone- It must have been a rough night! Remember Shadow really wanted to get to Windy!
  • He is right, Blue- Confirmed Vio, approaching the two sleeping boys to place his hand on the older's forehead- Hmmm... He has a fever, too.
  • That is totally because of the poison in his arms- Quickly concluded Green- And the worst part is it keeps spreading.
  • Oh! That means the big guy must be sick, too!- Remembered Red, completely altered.
  • They call him Time, Red- He said looking at his friends- Let's just hope Lieb comes back soon, as well as...- He made a pause to try and remember that boy's name- Oh, right! Ravio.
The boys kept discussing among them. They kept mentioning how concerned they were about Albi's health. After all, he had to be rushed into a local hospital during the past afternoon. Sky had not been feeling well either, but that was just because he had eaten too many sweet treats all at once a day ago along with Twi.

  • You know, I think something besides all those candies was making Sky feel funny.
  • It seemed like that to me, too.
  • And what about the guy with the rabbit teeth?
  • Surely Ravio decided to go see Albi before coming back here.
  • That's if he actually has come back already.
  • What if he ran off? He seems a bit of a weirdo to me.
  • I don't think he's that weird, hee hee.

Lin was walking down the stairway just in her bathing robe and a pair of slippers as she listened to the boys talk and talk about all the happenings.

  • Hey, boys, is something wrong?
  • Oh; Hi, Miss Lin!- Said all the boys in chorus.
  • Hi to you, too.
  • No, nothing is wrong- Replied Vio- We were just a bit worried about Albi. Do you know something?
  • Yes. He is actually supposed to be back today a bit later in the morning. They had him tubed.
  • What is that?
  • Well, it's something doctors do to fix nutrients into people's bodies. Since Albi is struggling with eating, they put a small tube, like, into his nose and his arm to feed his body.
  • How do you do that?- Shouted all the boys, very confused.
  • Ah, don't worry about it. I know you come from an era where that doesn't even exist, so let's just say it will help Albi feel better, okay?
  • Okay- They replied.
  • Good. Now, I'll go back up to take a shower. I just wanted to see how you were all doing- She said and rubbed Red's head, making his hair all messy.

As the sun rose, not far away from Lin's home, Lieb and Peap were finishing up signing the paperwork given to them by the local hospital, which the islanders actually referred to as a Care Center.

  • Is ziss all you need?
  • Yes- Replied the nurse- You see, since the child is underage, we need someone responsible to take care of him- She took the papers back in her hands- I'm happy that even when he's an orphan you both agreed to be his tutors.
  • It is not a problem.
  • His recovery will take time and lots of patience, but most importantly, lots of support.
  • Ja. Ve vill make sure he is vell.
  • I'm glad. And, of course, the doctor and I are relieved you are a doctor, too. Make sure Albi is taking all the formula he needs. We are going to help you out with a wheel chair in case he becomes tired or hyperventilates.
  • Yes, ma’am- Replied Peap- Don't worry, Lieb is great at what he does, and that is the reason why we brought the boy. He realized he needed proper equipment to help him.
  • And you brought him at the right moment. It's all settled now. I'll go and see how he's doing and see if we can bring him here.
  • Thank you.

Being left alone, both men took a glance at the purple haired boy who looked at Albi through a large piece of glass placed in a wall. He was not let into the room because the doctors argued he was too young.

  • Ravio- Shouted Peap- Hey, boy, come and sit here. Albi will be out in a moment.
The boy took one last sight at the other side of the glass, and then slowly walked towards Peap and Lieb, sitting right in the middle of them.

  • How are you feeling?
  • I'm not sure.
  • Vhat do you mean?
  • I really don't know. I can't feel much. Whenever something like this happens, I'm lost.
Peap and Lieb stared at each other.

  • Could you explain that to us?
  • I don't have feelings- Explained Ravio- I only have one. I can only be happy, and when something bad happens, my head or my thoughts just have nothing else to hold on to. Right now, I just feel empty- He smiled.
  • No wonder you have a permanent smile in your face, kid. And don't worry, Lieb doesn't have any feelings either.
  • Hey...- Replied Lieb, pouting.
  • Ha, ha, ha!- Ravio laughed loudly.
  • See? He liked it.
  • Very funny, Peap.
  • Danke, mein Liebe.
  • Hmmph... Bitte.

Soon, they saw the nurse walking out the room with the boy sitting down in a white wheel chair covered in colorful polka dot.

  • Mr. Hero!- Ravio shouted, rapidly kneeling to his feet to hug him by his waist- Are you doing better?
  • Yeah.... Just try not to hug me so tightly.
  • Oh, yes, yes! Sorry.
  • Don't worry- He said in his usual monotone and whispery voice.
  • Albi has been a good patient- Interrupted the doctor- I must say that he is a rather charming boy. He reminds me a lot of the Hero. If your name was Link, boy, I'd be in quite a shock, really.
  • You'd be surprised...- Said Albi in a very quite voice.
  • Well, boy, that would be all. These young men who brought you will be your adoptive tutors for a while, and if you feel troubled again, just come back. Here- He stretched out his arm to Lieb and handed him a card- If you need any assistance, call us to the number there.
  • Ja, ve vill.
  • And, please remember he needs to be back in seven days for a check up.
  • Noted.
  • Very well. And to you- He looked back at Albi- Good luck, young sir. It will be tough, but you can do it!
  • Thank you.

Ravio decided he would help Albi in everything he could, starting by being the one to push his chair wherever he needed to. Although he was usually hyperactive, he realized it would be better to keep things at a slow pace, slowly he began to walk and not run to Lin's house; he could still hear his blonde friend breathing quite heavily, becoming sleepy.

  • He'll be fine, Ravio- Said Peap, trying to get his attention.
  • Yes. Sorry if I look a bit... worried?, heh, heh. I'm just thoughtful.
  • What kind of relationship do you two have?
  • Hmmm... Well, we are some kind of couple, I think.
  • Zey are lovers, Peap.
  • What?- He looked at Ravio- But kid, you both seem... young, in fact, too young for any of that.
  • I'll tell you something, by being away from Lorule and in these places, I've pretty much figured out we are too young for anything!
  • Zat is a good conclusion.
  • Yes, it is.
  • But... hm. I really can't tell lots of details. Albi has a problem. I just want to help.
  • What kind of problem?
  • I think you should ask him. He doesn't talk much about it. It's a secret.
  • I vill ask him vans he is a bit besser.
  • You really like to get in trouble, don't you?
  • You said I don't have feelings, remember? Zat is zat.
  • Oh, a bit moody, aren't we?
  • Ve? Just me.
  • I like it when you're angry.
  • Ja. Vhatever.
  • Heh, heh! Calm down, Prince.
  • Is it normal that he's cold?- Interrupted Ravio, taking his scarf off. He carefully placed it around Albi's neck and arms, making sure he was not moving any of the tubes stuck into him.
  • It is. Zat happens vhen you are as zin as him.
  • And what is this thing on beside his chair holding?- He said looking at a large metal pole with a bag on it.
  • Those are nutrients. It's what goes down the tubes- Replied Peap.

Standing right at the door step, they noticed precisely that pole would not fit across the door if they did not remove it first.

  • Okay, boy. I'm going to take the pole off for a second to lean it down a bit. You just push the chair in and then we put it back on its place. Got it?
  • Yes!
The man took the pole off its base with caution and knocked the door. Windy was the one that opened and was clearly unsettled by Albi's looks. Inside, they preferred to lay Albi down in the “bed” made up by arranging three couches together. It appeared he and Engi would keep each other some company.

  • There we go.
  • I vill go and prepare the formula he vill need a bit later- Said Lieb, walking off to the kitchen.
  • And you, kid: make sure he doesn't move a lot.
  • I will! I always have energy to look out for Mr. Hero!- Replied Ravio, dancing around.
  • That's the spirit! I hope some of that can rub on your little boyfriend. And excuse me, but my lady wants me to do the shopping. Breakfast won't do itself. Take care, purple head.
  • Yes, yes!
  • Ravio!- Shouted Windy- Like, where were you? Did you find what you needed to, like, you know, help out with Engi and Time? And what happened to Albi?
  • Whoa! Many, many questions! Stop!
  • Tell me... please.
  • Yes. I have this- He took a potion out of the sack he carried wrapped around his belt- Give it to Lieb. I have to take care of Mr. Hero.
  • Sure...- He looked into the glowing pink liquid inside a fancy crystal bottle- Anyway, what happened to him?- Asked Windy looking at the boy's decaying figure.
  • He's a bit sick. Since he can't eat and had not eaten well for a whole year, he's, well, dying--- But it's okay! With this thingies that are in him he's supposed to get the food he needs, so he'll be better.
  • Must be kinda uncomfortable to, like, have those tubes in... It looks, like, very creepy, too- He stared constantly at the artifact that went into Albi's nose- Well, I'll just give this to Lieb, okay?
  • Yes!

II




  • He has not vaken up, has he?
  • No. I tried to make him at least open his eyes, but he has a fever and keeps makin' noises 'cause he's in pain- Explained Twi, kneeling by Time's side on Lin's bed.
  • Vell, let us see vhat happens. I inform you zat I am using ze potion Ravio brought viss Time first because I am not sure how strong it could be for Engi's body. So, be prepared for everyzing.
  • Yeah... Okay.
  • Ja. I need you to hold him for me- He said as he took the crystal top off the bottle- I vill go for his eye first. If ziss zing hurts, he vill not let me near it if I cure his arm before anyzing else.
  • Okay, now I'm worried- Said Twi holding Time firmly.
  • Just a drop...- Said Lieb placing the crystal dropped above Time's eye.

The small amount of liquid went between Time's eyelids. The contact with the beverage resulted in constant kicking, turning and tossing, followed by faded gasps from the depths of his throat.

  • Time, it's okay!- Uttered Twi, holding him fiercely.
  • Only his arm now. It vill be quick- Said Lieb, pressing his knee against the lower part of Time's arm to keep it steady, freeing the final drops on top of his shoulder- Forgive me, but it is for your own good- He placed his foot back on the floor.

The tall man kept moaning constantly, as tears began to overflow his eyes.

  • Time...
  • Ow... Ah....- Time kept panting.
  • Hmm... I am concerned about Engi- Said Lieb looking into the bottle- I vonder if ziss can be diluted viss vasser.
  • Darling...

Both Lieb and Twi were driven in by Time's “darling”.

  • It hurts. It really hurts.
  • Yes, Time. I'm sorry about it, but I'm goin' to be here for you, okay?
  • Please, dear- He whispered and held onto Twi.
  • Ze boy told me it should not take long for ziss to vork. I vill go down to finish changing Albi's nutrient bag. Vans he feels besser, notify me.
  • Okay--- But wait, Albi's sick?- Asked Twi, even more worried than before.
  • Do not vorry. It is being taken cared of- Replied Lieb and he headed out the room.

Outdoors, on a wide balcony connected to Lin's room, Sky was taking a nap. He was able to overhear Time's gasping, and slowly opened his eyes to discover the day had been bestowed upon him already. The sound of Time's voice made him worried. It was a short walk from his place into Lin's room, where he stood next to Twi for comfort.

  • Hello.
  • Oh, hi, Sky.
  • Art thou fine?
  • Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks. You doin' alright?
  • Yes, for the most part. I believe eating so much sugar is not good for my health.
  • I'm sure that won't keep you from doin' it again.
  • Heh, heh! Probably not! But now... What is vexing Time?
  • Lieb poured some potion the bunny boy brought into his injuries. It's very painful...
  • I understand.
  • Yes, dear...- Confirmed Time.
  • Is it any better now?- Asked Twi, worried.
  • It is... it's slowly fading, sweetie.
  • Ah...- Twi sighed in relief.
  • I am happy for both of thee.
  • Thank you, dear.
  • Time, let's try and get you dressed up. You think you can handle it?- Asked Twi.
  • Yes. Perhaps once we are done I'll be good as new.
  • I do hope so. I shall ask Lin if there is anything your size here.
  • Good idea, dear.
  • Time, why are you so big? It's not fair.
  • Sorry, dear, heh, heh.

Sky took a look downstairs only find out Lin was not there. He went back in her room, and was able to hear the dripping of water inside of her shower.

  • Lin, art thou in there?- He asked shyly.
  • Yes, Sky!- Her voice echoed loudly.
  • Sorry to disturb thee. Twi and I were wondering if thou hast some kind of clothing that would fit Time in thy possession.
  • Pipodi said he could get that for him. You should call him.
  • Call him? How?

Both Time and Twi followed along their conversation.

  • Oh, right! Forget that! I'll be out in a moment to help you.
  • I thank thee.

The three young men waited patiently for the girl to come out. Seeing Time's condition was becoming better filled the room in an a happy atmosphere, specially when it came to Twi.

  • Ah! Done! I'm here!- Announced Lin in her bathing robe- I'll call Pipodi so he can bring your clothes, Time.
  • Thank you, dear.
  • And I'm happy to see you are doing a lot better!Lieb is kinda scary, though. I was a bit nervous back there.
  • Me too- Agreed Twi.
  • So, I hope you like your new clothes, Time. Pipodi's mom makes them herself. He also took your tunics to fix them. I'll be right back.
  • Oh, okay...

Lin ran downstairs before the boys could say anything else.

  • They even were considerate enough to make you new clothes, Time- Said Sky, overwhelmed.
  • And to fix all of our tunics. Man, these people have issues.
  • Heh, heh! Darling, remember who we are.
  • Yeah, bein' Link has never been this amazing. I'm goin' to love this place even more.

Below, Lin was about to do a call on a strange artifact, but she was interrupted.

  • Lin...
  • Oh, yes, Lieb?
  • Ze doctor in ze helz center gave us ziss card. He said ve should call him to zat number if Albi vas feeling sick. I told him ve vould, but I honestly have no idea how you call ze number. Do you know?
  • Ah, yes! Of course. I'm actually going to call Pipodi on his number right now. Look- She picked up a rod with two circular protuberances on each end- See, the one that has the cable should be at your mouth's height. The other one goes on your ear. One is for speaking and the other one for listening.
  • I see.
  • Good. Now, look at the circle in the middle. To call a number, you place your index finger in the first number that appeared in the list. Pipodi's is six- She placed her finger into a small hole with a “6” in it- Then, you move it all the way till this little golden pedal; it's a break. When your finger can't move anymore, it means that number is in. Once that happens, you let go and wait for the circle to stop moving. You do that with all the numbers on the list, and then you can talk to the other person!
  • Extraordinary...- Expressed Lieb looking at such an amazing piece of technology.
  • It's called a rotary phone- She continued to dial the rest of the numbers- Hi Pip!
  • Hello! 'Sup?
  • Time really wants to get dressed, so I think it's a good moment to bring his stuff in.
  • Gotcha Mom's just fixing some final seams. I'll be there in a moment.
  • Okay. See you, boy!
  • Be there!
  • And then, you place it back- She hung up on the call- That's it! It's very easy.
  • Indeed. I vish ve had some of ziss back in ze castle.
  • Castle?
  • Ja. Anyhow, here is ze doctor's number.
  • Good! Look, I'll place it here right next to the phone, that way you can call quickly if there's an emergency.
  • Ja. Danke!
  • Ah... you're welcome!
  • And one more zing. Is Time besser?
  • Yes. He said the pain was fading away.
  • Okay. It is time to get Engi. Heh, heh, heh....
  • Oh, boy...
  • Vhat?
  • You scare me sometimes, sorry!
  • Zat means I am doing a good job- He smiled and walked away to get his potion.
  • Yep, scary. And I guess I should go back up--- I've just come to realize I'm naked among a handful of men. Lin, what were you thinking? You silly thing- She continued to mumble on her way back to the room.
In the kitchen, Lieb was finishing to prepare Albi's nutrient bag. Once ready, he took the potion Ravio had given him and headed out to check on the boys that were yet sleeping.

  • Is Mr. Hero going to be sleeping this much?
  • Ja. At least for a vile. Please, help me take his old bag and replace it viss ziss van.
  • Yes, sir!- Ravio reached for the almost empty bag attached to the silver rod besides Albi and exchanged it for the one Lieb gave him- Okay... is this right?
  • Yes. You did a good job.
  • Yay! And you said yes instead of ja! I win.
  • Vas it a competition?
  • Now that I won, yes! Ravio is happy!
  • Vell played. Hmm, let me see...
  • What?
  • I need to pour some of ziss onto Engi's arms. Take Albi out for a little. You can go to Lin's backyard.
  • Okay!- Ravio got Albi in his arms and gently placed him in his wheel chair- Will you call us once we can come back?
  • Ja. I vill.
  • Yes, yes!
Ravio took his friend out, leaving Engi alone with Lieb.

  • Vell, ze sooner ,ze besser. Now, how vill I keep him from moving? Ze ozer boys vent out. Fine, I vill do it myself- The young man of long, long hair knelt on top of Engi- Vell, ziss is compromising- With his legs open, he placed each one of his knees on top of Engi's left and right hand. With his spare hand, he took the dropper out of the potion, to finally pour the liquid into the darkened injuries the boy had in his arms.
  • Ah! AH!- Shouted Engi, as he tried to violently get away from under Lieb- Stop it!
  • Sorry, boy- Replied Lieb, covering the kid's other arm in the liquid, too.
  • Please, STOP!!! AAAH!
  • Nein.
  • Please...- Engi began to cry to a point of agony- Stop it... Agh! Ah! Stop...- He repeated in a distorted and broken voice, alerting everyone in the house.
  • Just calm down and promise you vill not touch your arms.
  • I do, I do! I promise! Please, get off! My hands are falling asleep and my arms hurt! I feel like I was ran over by a train!
  • Good- Lieb took the bottle in his hand and sat at the edge of the sofa.
  • Oww... This is awful...
  • It vould have been vorse if ze poison kept spreading. You vill be besser in a moment.
  • Okay, okay.
  • I vonder vhat ziss is made of...
  • You put a potion inside me and don't even know what it's made of!?
  • Ravio brought it. I trust ze boy.
  • Trust Ravio? Ugh!
  • He is a nice boy, Engi.
  • Yeah, but not a potion brewer!
  • I am glad you are besser.
  • It still hurts like death! And where's everyone? Where's Albi? And Windy? And those guys in the colored clothes, and Time, Twi and Sky?
  • Calm down. Vindy and ze ozer boys vent to the beach. Sky vas taking a nap vhen I last saw him. Twi is vith Time in Lin's room. Albi and Ravio are in ze backyard. Albi is in a delicate situation, so do not be shocked by his looks. Ja?
  • Delicate situation!? Is he dying?
  • Vas. Right now, he's under treatment.
  • Ah, much better. And what is this all about? Is it because he can't eat or something?
  • Zat is it, exactly.
  • Poor Albi. It's not even his fault. Imagine, being hungry and craving yummy food but not being able to eat it; man! I really wouldn't like to be in that situation.
  • Neizer vould I.
  • Hey, Link!- A loud voice disrupted the conversation- Mein Liebe, look what I found! My lost son!
  • Hi- Greeted Pipodi.
  • Doesn't he look like he just came out of my womb?
  • Nein. You do not have van.
  • I know, but look at him.
  • Yes, he is a very handsome young man, Peap.
  • Just like me.
  • Did you bring vhat ve need to make breakfast?
  • Sure did, my prince.
  • Zen help me in ze kitchen- He looked back at Pipodi- Time is vaiting for you in Lin's room.
  • Ah, yes! Thanks!
  • Bitte.

Engi was left alone in the room, and such silence made him fall asleep once more.
Back upstairs, Time was trying on the new set of clothes Pipodi's mom had made for him.

  • Darling, this is amazing- Said Time looking at his reflection.
  • Mom's an expert.
  • But, man, how did you get 'er to make it Time's size? I mean, don't you need to measure people for that?- Asked Twi, curious.
  • Ah, I just told her “ Imagine it's for the Hero of Time” and she did.
  • I love this color of blue- Added Time, looking at his draped blue shirt.
  • I think it looks wonderful on thee, Time.
  • Just one question, darlings.
  • What?
  • Do you think I look fat?- Asked Time as he stared at his legs.
  • Fat?! Time, really, how can you look fat in somethin' if you are not fat? Stop makin' silly questions.
  • Twi...
  • Sky, he's not fat!
  • I know he is not. But Time, dost thou feel in such way?
  • Ah... sometimes I do have an issue
  • Well, you are not fat. Get it straight, Time. You... you are perfect.
  • Hee, hee! Aww! Thou art the most lovely love birds I have ever seen! Ha, ha, ha!- Teased Sky.
  • Sky, stop it, or I'll kick you all the way to tomorrow!
  • Oh, do not be so rude!
  • Darlings, stop. Fine, I get it. I'm not fat and Twi loves me. I can live with that.
  • Hmmph!- Pouted Twi as he blushed and looked away- I'm hungry- He ran outside the room.
  • I guess he is not that good at expressing his feelings- Concluded Sky.
  • Ah, he's unique, dear. It adds to his charm.
  • Indeed.
  • And Pipodi, thank you for all you've done, dear. Same goes to you, Lin.
  • No problem! I am more than happy! It's more like a dream come true to be able to help all of you! If you need any more clothes, I'll tell my mom.
  • And I'm happy too, Time, and Sky. You guys will all have the house for today. Pipodi and I have to get ready for the inauguration of the Carnival tonight.
  • Tonight, dear?
  • I believe thou mentioned it was on the day we arrived.
  • It usually is, but that night you know your dark brothers came in. The disaster left behind is yet not fully cleaned up. We all hope this night is finally the night.
  • Oh! Of course, darling.
  • Do forgive us, Lin.
  • Don't worry! And you, Pipodi, come with me. I'm getting dressed down stairs, so wait for me outside.
  • Will do!
  • Good luck guys! See you at the Heroes' Statue at eight o' clock.
  • Yes, Lin!- Replied Sky.
  • Yes, dear.
III

  • Gloom, Dusk and Dim did not help!
  • Why do you blame it all on us, Master?
  • They outnumbered us five to one. It's not fair!
  • Silence!- Shouted the voice from within the blade- Look, children. Thou shall never achieve to be someone if thou continue to fail.
  • Master- Said Shadow- I want to do this on my own. Like,heh, no one's helping anyway.
  • Is that so?
  • Yeah. I want to, like, get those hearts for ya'.
  • Very well, Shadow.
  • Why is it that you are making us aside, kid?- Asked Murk, annoyed.
  • Heh, probably he thinks we are useless- Concluded Eclipse.
  • Where is my heart container, Master?- Asked Shadow, ignoring the other two dark beings, portraying a serious self.
  • I am afraid, young one, that thou were not created with one. That is why thou need me- Explained the blade- I can give thee the heart thou desire. I only need to be freed from this sharp prison,
  • Okay. Will do.
  • Very well. Now, go.
  • Shadow walked away from the room on his own. For once, he felt --- felt?--- an emptiness that could not be filled with his hate, anger or killer instinct.
  • He's using me, Mr. Piggy- He sat down beside Link, the big, fat, black pig- He knows something I don't. It makes me want to, like, kill something... but for once, I know it won't help.
  • Oink, oink!
  • Nah. I have to , like, figure something out before I go back to Hyrule. See this?- He pointed at his back- They stabbed me with a light arrow. I'm weak. The light does that,and it also makes me act this way.
  • Oink?
  • Yeah, bored and, like, like Gloom. Gloom's only feeling, if that's what, like, it is, it's sadness. He's made from that.
  • Oink,oink?
  • Me? I'm , like, well, you know. I'm made of reject and hate. I don't like anything. I hate everybody.
  • Oinky?
  • Why? Because of him, Mr. Piggy! Because of Link! Because Windy made me this way. He doesn't like his life, he doesn't like anything! He thinks he deserves better, and that is what made me!- He shouted violently in a venting riot- Ah... whatever.
  • Oink.
  • Yeah... You know, sometimes I wish Dim was kinda like Time.
  • Oink, oink, oink!
  • Yeah, I know he is, like, in a way! But the bad way...- He crossed his arms- He's all horny and stuff. That's just disgusting.
  • Oiiink, oink- Concluded the pig.
  • Yeah, it's because Windy feels like that. You're smart, Piggy. Now... I just wanna go back to my old self... the one who doesn't care, but the light in me is still too strong. It's like a stopper. It , like, neutralizes. I'm not good right now, but I don't wanna do bad things either. Being in the gray area sucks.
  • Oinky, oink.
  • Thanks, Mr. Piggy.
  • So, that's how it is, huh?- Approached Gloom- Seein' you like this is quite interestin'.
  • Shut up, Gloom. I don't wanna talk to you.
  • Then listen. That light in you will take long to fade, kid.
  • I know, Gloomwit! Leave me alone! Are you here, like, just to make fun of me? Go, go!
  • I won't go, and I won't make fun of you.
  • Then what?
  • I'm only tellin' you it is not safe to go to the light world.
  • Fine.
  • Perhaps thou could start by telling us what thou know, Shadow- Joined in Dusk- Thou art far more in touch with the Master.
  • I just know he wants to be free.
  • So he's not a sword, huh?
  • Nah. He's, like, a person of some sort.
  • Dost thou know exactly who he is?
  • He's the Master Sword, its spirit.
  • Why does he want to be free?
  • For his own Master.
  • Who is he?
  • He calls him Demise. I'm, like, kinda sure he's another Ganon.
Both Gloom and Dusk made an effort to not appear as worried as such revelation had made them.
  • Shadow, forget about Link, thou know that is not in our favor either.
  • Yeah.
  • Then why are you helpin' him?
  • I just want a heart...
Both Gloom and Dusk were moved by Shadow's plight.
  • Shadow, with no heart container, that is impossible.
  • You are not gettin' one unless you have one of those. It doesn't matter how powerful the blade or this Demise are. Without such vessel, there is no place for a heart.
  • Maybe he can give me a container.
  • Or maybe he's just usin' you and all of us.
  • ... Go away.
  • Shadow, thou seem very different...
  • It's the light.
  • It makes you... feel?- Asked Gloom, confused.
  • I don't know. If this is, like, feelin', it sucks.
  • And I see thou hast two more marks of arrows. When thou arrived, there was only one.
  • Murk and Eclipse were angry at me, so they, like, stabbed me with the ones they had.
  • Shadow... Are you sad?
  • What do you care!? You have no hearts either. It, like, doesn't matter! Go away before Dim comes and makes things even worse. Go, just go!
  • Very well.
  • Whatever you say, kid.

    IV
  • So, how did zings turn out viz Time last night,Twi?- Asked Lieb as he arranged the table with help of the boys who had just arrived from their trip to the beach.
  • What do you mean?
  • I do not know. You tell me.
  • Well... It was nice. The shower too,even with all that blood goin' on. I just felt good because I was able to help him.
  • Perfect. Zat is very good. And how have you been feeling? I'm afraid to tell you your recovery is still in progress.
  • I know. I've been doin' much better. My body still hurts sometimes, and I get tired easily. And... some parts of my body hurt more than others.
  • Ja. I understand. Is zere anyzing in particular that bozers you?
  • Yeah...
  • Hmmm- Lieb sat closely beside Twi- Vhat is it?- He asked in a whisper.
  • I- Whispered Twi back- I just think it's embarrassin'.
  • Zere is nozing rong viss it. Please, tell me.
  • My behind hurts.
  • Vhere exactly?
  • Deep- Replied Twi, uncomfortably- It makes me feel so bad- He began to break down- And it's not because of the pain itself, it's because of what it makes me remember- Explained Twi but was muted down by his tears- I'm... sorry.
  • You do not have to apologize. It is more zan understandable- Lieb comforted him- Come viss me.
  • Where?
  • You know zere is a shower room upstairs. Down here, zere is a bazing room. I zink I should take a look at zat somezing zat is bozering you.
  • What?- Gasped Twi as his cheeks rosed up- No...
  • Twi, I know it's difficult, but if ve don't do somezing now, it vill be vorse later.
The shortest boy covered his face with his hands. He was not pleased. Shaking his head side to side he hoped to escape to another place.
  • Twi, it is fine. Vould you like Time to come along?
  • I don't know...
  • Vould it make you feel besser if he vas zere? He has taken care of you before. He knows your body by now. Vould you like him to be zere?
  • Yes...
  • Ja. Go into zat door- He pointed at the bathing room- I vill go and tell Time you need him.
  • Okay.

Twi took small steps to the room where he knew something good, yet bad would happen. Turning the knob around became a hard task, and the temptation to walk away through the main door became unbearable. In middle of a staring contest between the knob and himself, things began to fall blurry and bright.
  • Darling?- Asked Time worrisome standing at his back.
  • Oh, no. He vill faint. Time---
  • Yes, dear; I'll get him.
The boy slowly began to feel heavy, weak, and out of himself. He could hear Time calling him, yet not really listen to him. No matter how hard the moment, the feeling of being wrapped inside Time's arms was always comforting.
  • Danke, Vindy- Thanked Lieb who had called Windy.
  • Yeah- He handed out a particular yellow fruit shaped like a moon to Lieb.
  • What is that, dear?
  • A banana.
      Already peeled, Lieb took a small piece of the fruit and placed it between Twi's lips.
  • Zere you go. Eat it, Twi.
  • Oh.. yes- He replied and tried to take the small piece in.
  • Calm down. Take a deep breas and relax- Instructed Lieb, stepping aside to fetch some other artifacts he needed.
  • Darling, it's okay.
  • Sorry... I'm just terrified.
  • I know, sweetie. I know how hard this is for you. Lieb told me you wanted me to be by your side. What's wrong?
  • He needs to check me up...
  • He has done it before, sweetheart.
  • Yes, but... You know, my backside hurts. It's some kind of deep pain. I'm scared.
  • Oh, oh--- I see. It's quite intimate.
  • Very intimate...
  • I'll be there for you, and Lieb wouldn't hurt you. It's best of we get this over with right now, darling, or it will be worse later.
  • That's exactly what Lieb said... Oww. Fine.
  • Good, dear- Congratulated Time and helped his boy stand up- Let's go inside.
  • Okay... Will it hurt?
  • Maybe a little,dear; I won't lie. But it will be just a little moment, and with Lieb's healing powers, you'll be free from that injury quickly.
The children waited patiently for the other Links to join them at the table, but they only noticed Lieb taking some rubber gloves with him along with some filled up bottles. They managed to wake up Engi, whose arms where doing a lot better. For now, it appeared it would only be them: Engi, Windy, Red, Blue, Green, Vio, Sky and Peap.
  • So, Sky, you are one of the oldest ones here right now.
  • Do you know what's wrong with all the other guys?
  • It appears Twi is feeling a bit sick. He has been through plentiful hardship for the last two years, and things decayed greatly a few days ago. He is now under a regimen of recovery Lieb has made for him.
  • So he's recovering too? Like Albi?
  • That is right.
  • You know- Interrupted Peap- You boys are all very similar, and I am not only talking about your looks. Lieb told me what has been happening, and I think you were all put together for a reason, and that main reason is to have someone else there for you, someone who understands. Who better to understand the struggle of being Link than another Link? Sounds like a master plan to me.
  • That's kinda funny because, like, the Master Sword's behind it.
  • Then I am right- Confirmed Peap- And so, you are the oldest of this group, huh?
  • Yes- Replied Sky- Twi and Time are older than me, though.
  • So, how old are you? I'm thirteen!
  • I am seventeen years old.
  • Seventeen?! Wow, you are the same age as Lieb. You are all so young- Expressed Peap taking a bite off his fork- Hmm, I'm nine years older than you.
  • Wow, you're old.
  • Blue...
  • He is. Back off.
  • Anyway, while Lieb and Peap were at the kitchen, he was saying something about sending Twi and Time to another place for Twi's recovery. Now it all makes sense.
  • Where to?- Asked Sky.
  • Probably Time's land. He mentioned something about the time flow being faster there.
  • I see- Said Sky, but was distracted by Engi, who was looking through the glass door that lead to the backyard- What is the matter, Engi?
  • Hmm? Oh, this... nothing.
  • Are you concerned about Albi?
  • More than I should be- Replied Engi still lost at the vision of the outside- He's hiding something.
  • What?
  • I don't know yet. I noticed something weird since I picked him up at Hyrule. Yeah, he's sick and all; he can't eat. But you know, there's something else.
  • I think you are right- Said Peap- On our way here, purple head told us Albi has a problem, and that it is a secret.
  • I really want to help him. He seems as depressed as Twi to me- Compared Engi.
  • He actually does---
  • Hi- Interrupted Twi- Sorry to keep you waitin'.
  • Don't worry!
  • Are you okay?
  • Are you better?
  • I am. I---
  • Ze injury he had on ze side of his belly from the ozer night vas a bit more profound than expected- Lied Lieb- But he is besser now.
  • Oh, yeah, heh, heh- Agreed Twi, nervously and sat down next to Sky.
  • Nice to see you are doing better too, Time- Said Engi- And that's a nice patch you have over your eye.
  • Thanks, dear. Lieb gave it to me.
-Well, how heart warming is this- Came in a deep voice- Mind if I join?
  • Dim?- Asked Time- What are you doing here? And... during daytime.
  • Eh, nighttime, daytime. Doesn't matter anymore, handsome.
Everyone looked ready to jump on Dim at any moment.
  • Hey, hey; I'm not here to eat anybody's heart, so calm down.
  • Then, what are you doin' here?
  • Gloom told me to come here. He wants you to know you have to be ready. Things are getting out of hand at our side, too.
  • What's happenin'?
  • Shadow, Windy's dark side, he told us he's using the energy of the heart he steals to free our Master.
  • The Master Sword?- Asked Sky.
  • Yes. He says he needs to free its spirit, and at the same time, this spirit wants to free a so called Demise.
  • Demise!?- Shouted Sky jumping off his seat- Again!? Awww! After all that mess I have gone through.
  • Darling, who is Demise?
  • According to what Miss Lin explained us, he is evil itself.
  • Pretty much the first Ganon.
  • Ganon?!- Screamed Twi, Time and Windy.
  • You hafta, like, be kidding me! UGH!
  • Why is this happenin' again? WHY? - Twi banged his head against the table.
  • Darling, stop that!--- Umm, Dim---
  • Look, pretty faces; Gloom said you should be prepared. The reason why you are all together is because you need to be together. You won't only require physical strength, nor only courage. A glowing triangle on the back of your hand won't help you all the way through this. You have to take this moment to fix what's broken.
  • You are talkin' about me, aren't you?- Said Twi, resigned.
  • Not only you. Time needs to get used to half his sight. Windy and Sky have lost contact with people they care for. The boy outside is dying, and--- Hey, wait!- He banished all the way to the glass door- How is it that you have an Aurora with you?
  • Aurora? Who are you talking about?- Asked Engi walking to where Dim was.
  • I know an Aurora when I see them. They glow so bright for heartless beings.
  • Wait, you are talking about Ravio?
  • So that is what you call him, huh? I probably shouldn't be near him. It's already enough to have yellow hair instead of black. Besides, my eyes can barely see him; he's just a bigger blob of light than all of you together in them.
  • What's so special about him?
  • He's made from everything that we are not made of- Explained Dim- Don't let him go to waste. You'll need him. No evil can touch him.
The words of Dim had driven everyone's attention towards the boy in the scarf. Always so happy, he was making faces at Albi, exchanging smiles and great gasps of laughter with him.
  • Yeah. You'll need him.
  • Vell, zat is unexpected. Out of everyone, him.
  • I was thinkin' that same thin'.
  • Just take care of him. Don't let him go. Now, back to the point, pretty faces, just recover. Be the Link you used to be when destiny called upon you. Shadow and the others cannot travel here at the moment because of the light arrows you stabbed in them. Make the best out of this moment of relative peace.
  • Hmm!- Nodded all the boys together.
  • Good. It's not easy doing this. It's not easy coming here to help you after all the story we have together. No Link and no kniL have ever worked together, and it's not as easy for me to accept it as it is for you. So, at least do what you have to do, got it?
  • Yes- Replied all the boys before Dim.
  • And Time...
  • Yes, Dim?
  • You look delicious in that outfit. I wouldn't mind being alone with you for a while. Black tights suit you pleasantly- Said Dim and banished away.
  • ... Told you you were, like, the hot stuff!- Said Windy giggling.
  • Narcissism at its finest- Said Lieb with a huge smirk on his face.
  • Oh, darlings...
    V
  • Well, it's that moment. I'll take you guys to Time's land- Said Engi, starting the engine in his train- Ah! This baby is working perfectly! Aren't you great at this Link? Yes, you are!
  • Hey, stop talkin' on your own- Said Twi, annoyed.
  • Sorry. That's what solitude does. So, how long will it be?
  • Lieb said he packed treatment for thirty days, dear.
  • Thirty, huh? That would be around thirty minutes in Lin's land- He looked at the clocks in his control room- Okay. You have the gossip stone, yes?
  • Yes.
  • Okay! Windy handed me the other one for a while. Call me 5 days before the the last day you plan to be there.
  • The 25th?
  • Yes, Twi. It will take me a few minutes to get there. The Master Sword, Vi, opened a second portal in this land to make all of this much easier, it takes me less to get you guys, but in Time's land it would be way a longer wait--- Don't want to keep you waiting.
  • Of course, darling.
  • So, make yourself comfortable! Here we go!
The older men sat down in the passenger's wagon. Twi was nervous to be left alone with the man he was in love with, and even more nervous to have him sitting so close by his side; so close there was no space between them to be seen.
  • Are you okay, sweetheart?
  • Uh? Oh, yes. Yes, I am.
  • I'm happy to have this next thirty days to be just with you....
  • I... Me too.
  • Oh, sweetie, you sound a bit uneasy.
  • I'm nervous, but I am happy, too.
  • Heh, heh!- Giggled Time, wrapping one of his arms around Twi.
  • Time...
  • Yes?
  • There are many thin's I wish I could tell you, but some of them worry me.
  • Why, darling?
  • I don't want to ruin anythin' between us.
  • Dear, there is nothing to be afraid of. You can tell me anything your heart desires.
  • Well, I guess I'll... try. You see, that night in the shower, the kiss you gave me... It--- It was the first kiss anyone had ever given me. I was very... surprised
  • ... I am sorry if I was too fast to approach you that way, sweetie- Apologized Time, worried that he might had been abusive of Twi's being.
  • No, no! I don't mean it that way... I liked it- Said Twi, hugging the taller man tightly.
  • Heh, heh! Oh, darling...- He hugged the boy back.
  • But...- Twi let go of Time- There is a secret I have that I would like to share with you, and it's not nice.
  • How bad do you think it is?
  • Very bad. That's the same reason why I have not told anyone else. No one knows... You would be the only one.
  • I promise I won't judge you.
  • Promise, promise?
  • Yes, I promise, promise- Said Time as he smiled.
  • I think you've noticed that I have never tried to approach Windy... or Engi.
  • Hmm... Yes, now that you mention it, it is evident, dear.
  • And just like that, I don't want to become too close to Ravio or Albi.
  • Why is that, dear?
  • Because I'm not such a good person...
  • I think I am understanding this.
  • Really?
  • Does it have to do with their age?
  • Yes...
  • Oh, sweetie... you like them?
  • Kinda...- Replied Twi, and turned his back on Time- I know it's wrong, but I just feel that way.
  • But you wouldn't do something even if you had the chance, would you?
  • No, no! I am not like that! But the thin' is- He turned around to face Time- The fact I know how I feel for kids makes me think I am a bad person. I am not... normal.
  • Darling... - Time took Twi's face in his hands- You are not a bad person. Okay, yes, you have a different attraction, and one that could be dangerous, but the fact that you realize how unhealthy and destructive it can be, and being strong enough to hold it back, that makes you a good person, dear, and a very tough one, too.
  • ... Thank you- Said Twi as he held tightly onto Time- I love you.
  • I love you too, sweetie. I'm just hoping I'm not too old for you.
  • Heh, heh!- Twi threw a silly laugh- No. You are perfect, Time.
  • Are you ready for your second kiss?
  • Yes--- But wait.
  • What's wrong, dear?
  • Where's Berry? He should be here...
  • Call him, sweetie.
  • Berry! Berry!
  • Hello, Linky!- Answered Berry, crawling his way to Twi's place being followed by a small bird.
  • Hi, purple goo ball! And hi to you too, Pipit.
  • Chirp, chirp!
  • Pipit and me loves train!- Said Berry- Noisy train!
  • So you've had fun here, haven't you?
  • Yes! Berry wants train!
  • So you are okay staying here, dear?
  • Yes! Berry likes it here.
  • But you'll have to come back to Hyrule with me soon, Berry- Said Twi, warning.
  • Berry knows!- Said the goo ball and left the cabin where Time and Twi were.
  • You have a strange little pet, sweetie.
  • I'm just glad he's fine. Now, I'm ready for that kiss.
VI
  • Come on, Mr. Hero! Who am I?
  • Let's see.
  • “ Oh, darlings, you are all perfect, almost as perfect as me!”
  • Hah, hah, that's a very mean version of Time.
  • Yes! Ding, ding, ding! Mr. Hero gets it right once more!
  • Hurray for me- Expressed Albi, sarcastically.
  • Another one, another one! “ You know, like, it's not easy being, like, as short as I am, like, really”
  • Ravio, you are so mean!--- But that's a terrific interpretation of Windy.
  • Yes! And Mr. Hero gets all the rupees. I'm so proud of you! Let's dance--- Do the Ravio Dance, do the Ravio dance!
  • Ah, I wish I could.
  • Don't worry, Link! You'll be a lot better soon- Said Ravio and sat in front of the boy and his wheelchair.
  • Honestly- Began Albi in his monotone and voice- All I want is to do you.
  • Yes, I know, but it's not possible under your current condition!
  • It perhaps is the part that annoys me most of being tubed.
  • And not only that! You get agitated easily. That's not good either, my friend! No, no.
  • Well, I do feel a lot more alive now.
  • Still, that won't get you any of this!- He said pointing at himself- But here- He took his scarf off and gave it to Albi- You can sniff it in the main time, heh, heh!
  • Hah, hah! Very funny, Ravio.
  • And hey, aren't you excited that you have a mom and a dad now?
  • I do?
  • Well, Lieb and Peap adopted you for the time you are on recovery. Aren't they nice? Aren't they?! I think they are!
  • Oh, right... I had not thought about it that way. It is quite nice.
  • And speaking about Lieb, here he comes! Act natural!
  • Ravio...
  • Hello, child.
  • Hi, Lieb.
  • How are you doing? Do you feel any besser?
  • Yes, I do.
  • And he's horny- Added Ravio.
  • Ravio!
  • Oops! Don't beat me, Mr. Hero!- Shouted Ravio and ran into Lin's house.
  • Ah... that idiot.
  • Heh, heh. Do not vorry. But say, is zat true?
  • Eh? Well... yes.
  • Hmm, it amazes me you feel zat vay ziss soon. I did enhance ze nutrients zat go in you, but even so, it is far too soon.
  • I am still tired, but... It does not matter.
  • Is it somezing natural for you?
  • Yes. Actually, I do not have much control over it.
  • Interesting- Said Lieb checking on Albi- Tell me more about zat.
  • Uh? What do you wish to know?
  • How often did you engage in zat kind of physical contact viss ozer people.
  • I... well. Umm, several times.
  • Veekly?
  • ... Daily.
  • Vell, vell! Zey do say the most quiet and righteous tend to be ze spiciest. Tell me, vas zere a special reason?
  • I simply have a hard time controlling myself. Plus, it became my job.
  • You are a vork boy?
  • Yes, I am.
  • How much income did it bring you?
  • A lot , to be honest. I live in a huge house now. I have everything I want to have.
  • Do you go to a special place to pick up people?
  • Yes. I only pick up men, though. Women are not interested--- and I am not either. Even if they offered a hard to refuse quantity of rupees, it is far too complicated.
  • Of course it is. And vhere did you go?
  • I go to a local milk bar.
  • Ziss men know vhere to find you.
  • Yes.
  • Albi, look. I am more or less like a mozer or a fazer to you rite now, and my partner said he vould help, too. Zat is vhy I need to know all of ziss.
  • And you are also like a doctor, right?
  • Ja.
  • I'll tell as much as I can. Where do I start?... Well, I have been drunk before, not so often, but enough to regret it. I usually had about five clients per night, each one asking for a different service. I have done about everything. You name it, I know it. From the most simple things to the dirtiest ones, I have been there- Albi took a moment to breath in- I usually make around 50, 000 to 80,000 rupees a night. It is more than enough to live a good life. Ah... throughout all of this, I have lost all my friends: a young boy whose parents said I was a bad influence, a young witch who said I was not on the right steps, and Zelda, who said my decision was clearly unwise. I am pretty much alone now.
  • Oh, Albi...
  • It is not as bad as it sounds. You get used to it. You get use to being liked by the wrong people and hated by the right one. That's just how it works.
  • Albi, do you notice how you sound vhen you say ziss? Ziss is somezing one vould expect from someone much older, who had been in ziss vork for years and years, and most importantly, zat vants to break free. You are only fifteen! You have managed to live over ten years in about one or two, and ze damage done to your body is not fully reparable.
  • I am aware of it, but you know what, I do not want to quit.
  • Albi...- Said Lieb, for once in his life, shocked.
  • I know no better. This is what I can do.
  • You need to give yourself anozer chance.
  • That is what I am doing. Once I am better, I am going back. That damage done by the bracelet to the inside of my body was a struggle mostly for my job. I became so tired that I could not handle even one client, and even though they were more than pleased with it, I was exhausted.
  • So ze reason you vhere looking for the bracelet, for Ravio, vas only zat, to get fixed and back to jump on men.
  • You make it sound worse, but yes. That is it.
  • Do you not love him?
  • Ravio? I do, but he does not correspond me. I have to let him go eventually.
  • Now I understand vhy you did not shed a single tear vhen Twi said he had served someone in zat same way as an “easy” way to get ze money he needed.
  • Heh, yes. The only thing that could have made me cry is how cheap he was.
  • Uh...
  • Please, 5000 rupees? He almost gifted himself.
  • Mr. Hero- Interrupted Ravio coming back from inside the house- It's not nice that just because you have been doing this you say that about Twi. Maybe it's easy for you, I can't tell, but it was your decision to become a work boy. He was not in the same situation. He was forced to do all those things.
  • Ah- Sighed Albi- I take it back. I am sorry. Anyway, how do you know all of that?
  • I've done my research. I'm a merchant, I have to be aware of what people have gone through!
  • Now I am only vondering vhat made you decide to be a vork boy, Albi.
  • I just wanted to do it with many people, so I figured I should at least make some money out of it.
  • I bet you have many, many rupees saved up- Said Ravio.
  • Yes. I think I could live a good life for several years just on what I have saved up.
  • Zen, vhy don't you quit?
  • I guess I am a bit worried to do something different.
  • I want you to try- Stated Ravio- I know you are not happy.
  • I could be happier. I know.
  • Hmm... Albi, look, regardless of vhat your decision is in ze end, I vill help you in this recovery.
  • Thank you.
  • And Link... I do correspond you- Said Ravio, finding it hard to express himself.
  • What?
  • I know I've never said that I love you, but I do! I care so much that I would like to stay in Hyrule with you, or maybe for you to come to Lorule! But please, don't think I don't. It's just hard for me to express this feelings, very hard. Mr. Hero, I had not told you this, but I don't have a heart!
  • That... changes so many things.
VII
  • What kind of house do you live in, Time?
  • It's a rather small place, but I think you will find it comfortable. It's a small house that used to belong to a woman some years a go. It is at Castle Town's back alley. I won't lie, being a knight and Zelda's young cousin has its benefits. It will be comfortable.
  • I'm excited!
  • Follow me, sweetheart.
Walking to Time's small home alone was an adventure for Twi. The landscape of Hyrule was not a beautiful sight, however, not only the castle was protected by some magical barrier; such a wall expanded all the way around the perimeter of the small town below castle grounds. Beyond the wooden bridge, steps harmonized in a different and clacking sound. The ground was covered in gray four-sided shapes. On each side, two buildings with green tiles on their roofs grew up to the sky. Step by step, the houses entering Twi's sight became taller buildings with accents in wood. Decorating the bottom of each window, a humble bouquet of flowers livened up the aroma in the air, complemented by a bright shade of orange at the roof tops.
  • My home is just down this aisle to the left- Said Time.
Down the aisle , people crowded at the marketplace, fighting their way to the best offer. The noise took Twi back to the memory of Castle Town back in his own land of Hyrule. He recalled the scent of the bread, the flowers and the sweet flavor of apples. But not all of it was beautiful, and this is no exception, for such recollection also brought with it bad memories, as though they were the cost for him to obtain the good memories in his mind, as well. He followed Time as he turned right from that place, and on his left, he counted the first door. The buildings blended then into one more aisle, one that lead to the back alley. He counted one more door to his left, and one more in front of him. He looked at Time wondering which of all would lead to the place they were headed to, but then he remembered Time was a knight. Which house seemed royal? He wondered and looked once more. A smile was written on his face as he looked at the door in front of him. He had found the one.
  • This is your house, huh?
  • Is it that obvious, dear?
  • Well, it looks pricey.
  • I bet it would be, sweetheart. Let's go in.
  • Do you have your key?
  • I think so- He looked around his hips.
  • Let me hold that basket for you.
  • Thank you, dear- He said as he gave his darling the basket with the treatment Lieb had given them- Now, let's see. Ah, yes, here it is.
Not only was the exterior of Time's house beautiful, the key was a remarkable work of art itself. Shaped in a heart with a bright, red gemstone in the center and of a golden color that made Twi think of it more as jewelry rather than a key like the ones found in dungeons.
  • There. Go in, dear. I hope there is not too much dust inside.
  • Don't worry about it- Replied Twi and stepped in.
The boy took a broad glance of everything around. The walls were tinted in a yellowish color with a stamping of flowers. Right across the room was a huge and inviting bed that covered just a bit less than a quarter of the whole room. At Twi's left was a warm fireplace and many pictures on the walls. In the center stood a round table and many wood furnishings with elegant carvings in them. A particular object caught Twi's attention: a vanity covered in many earrings, bracelets and hair bands.
  • Heh, heh. Maybe I should have told Lieb not to give me this ribbon before we came here, huh, dear?
  • Maybe... You have a lot of things only rich people have- Said Twi, placing the basket on the table, revealing a small paper note in it, to approach Time's vanity.
  • Ah, well, dear; I'm not exactly rich like Lieb is rich- Compared Time taking the note with him- I just.... Hmm, well, let's say I have enough to live well. This house used to belong to someone else.
  • I can tell you live well.
  • Hmm- Time slid his finger over the top of his closet- And I'm afraid we'll have to do some cleaning... I wonder how long I was gone.
  • Probably a year or two.
  • Oh, dear...
  • Link, Link! Are you in there? Are you really back? Link, open the door!- Yelled a voice from outside the house.
  • There, now you can ask how long you were gone- Said Twi sitting on Time's bed.
  • Darling, heh, heh!- He giggled walking towards the door.
  • Link! You are back!- Said a man who clearly was a knight with great enthusiasm- We thought you had left for good! Or worse, that you had died in an accident!--- And whoa, well, that sure is an accident!- He said looking at the eye patch on Time's face.
  • I am sorry to have keep you all worried. And yes, I have only one eye now.
  • Quite a pity! But, where were you? It has been a bit over a year.
  • Is that so? Wow, I really did not know how long it had been. It felt like a few days.
  • Quite impressive for someone who has good control over his time, Link!
  • I agree. And well, back to your question, I was in far away lands, beyond Hyrule.
  • What were you looking for?
  • Someone.
  • Who?
  • I came to realize that I wanted to share my life with someone special.
  • What?! Link, but you've always been a loner. Pretty much mad in love with his job, what happened?
  • I guess in the end my heart was the one who decided.
  • Aww, aren't you a cheesy one!
  • Heh, heh! A lot lately.
  • And?
  • And what?
  • Where is she?
  • Oh, well- Time looked back at Twi, who looked a bit worried and anxious- It's not a she.
  • So... it's a he?
  • Yes.
  • Whoa! I was not expecting that, Link. But well, in the end, you heart decided, eh?
  • That is right.
  • Good. Can I meet him?
  • Ah... sure.
  • Great--- By the way, nice butterfly ribbon. It looks quite royal.
  • It has some royal origins. Come in.
The man, who was as tall as Time, walked towards Twi and reached out his hand to him.
  • Hello! My name is Viscen! Nice to meet you.
  • Hi- He shook his hand back- Viscen, huh?- He giggled on the inside- Ah, I am Twi.
  • Twi? What a unique name. Is it short for something else?
  • I, umm--- It's short for Twilight.
  • Well, that's what I call an intense name. Very poetic.
  • Thank you.
  • Say, Link, this boy...
  • Yes?- Asked Time, concerned.
  • You both have the same eyebrows! Isn't that interesting?
  • Oh, sure. It is- Replied Time, relieved.
  • And sorry, I should present myself more properly. You see, Twi, I am also a knight and I am leader of a patrol team different from Link's.
  • I see. I figured somethin' by lookin' at your armor.
  • Nice observation. And how old are you?
  • I'm nineteen.
  • So, two years younger than Link. Seems nice.
  • Two?- Asked Time- Oh, right... the year I was away.
  • Anyway, Link, I'm glad you are back. Twi, a pleasure to meet such a pretty boy. Make sure Link does his chores, he's lazy!
  • Hey!
  • Heh, heh! See you two love birds later- Said Viscen and left the house.
  • Sorry about that, dear.
  • No, it's fine. He's nice. And he actually is a bit like Viscen back at my place. Heh, it's funny.
  • It is, sweetie. Now, we have to clean this place up! And then, I'll ask someone to buy some groceries for us. We have to make sure you have all your meals, take the supplements and rub on the lotions Lieb prepared.
  • Yeah. I'll help you, lazy man.
  • Hey... I'm not that lazy.
  • Yeah, right.
  • But first- Time turned Twi around to plant another kiss on his lips- And I can keep going.
  • Maybe one more won't hurt...
  • Heh, heh...
VIII
  • Windy, art thou fine?
  • Yeah...- He replied in resignation.
  • No, thou art not. What is the problem?- He sat next to the boy who was in the backyard.
  • I know Time and Twi will be gone for just some minutes in this land, but at the same time, I feel, like, he will care more about Twi now. I know, like, Twi's been through a lot and, like, he loves Time and all, but I was his boy, he even, like, called me son many times, and I miss that.
  • Windy, it is no more than love of the moment. They have recently become closer. Soon, their love will be balanced.
  • Are you sure?
  • Yes.
  • I hope you are, 'cause, like, I've really been wanting to go back home, but at the same time, I know I don't have a home to go back to anymore.
  • At this moment, Windy, we are thy home. We are thy family, and we love thee- Said Sky and hugged the boy.
  • You are always so nice.
  • I want thee to feel as happy as the circumstances allow, at least. Thou art so young. This is not something thou should be handling, but still, thou hast stood strong. Thou art a wonderful young man.
  • Thanks, Sky.
  • No need to thank me.
  • You know, something that made me a bit upset was, like, when I was supposed to celebrate my 12th birthday. That was, like, the day when everything changed. Like, the day when my sister was taken away and everything was different. I had, like, to set my own needs aside to look for her, and then, I discovered it was far more than just, like, saving more than her, it was everyone, all the world. When it was, well, you know ----'cause you've, like, well, done it--- I did not have a chance to celebrate, ever. I know it may sound silly and all, but, like, I'm a kid and I like it, I liked celebrating my birthday.
  • I understand, Windy. Look at me, I am older than thee, and I enjoy my birthday celebration as well. I would be sad if it was taken away from me.
  • Really?
  • Certainly- Said Sky smiling- I have an idea! We have to meet Lin until eight o' clock. Want to celebrate thy birthday today?
  • What? Really!?--- But... it's not my birthday today.
  • Well, I may not be the brightest, but I believe destiny owes thee at least two birthdays, number twelve and number thirteen.
  • Yay!!! You are, like, awesome Sky!- He jumped a the man- Thank you, thank you!!!
  • Heh, heh! I am so happy for thee!- He put the boy down- Come, we should tell the others.
IX
Kisses good night
  • Well, it's the end of day three, dear. You look much better!
  • I feel better, even more than before. All my pain is goin' away with each day.
  • And not only that. You are recovering your muscle tone, I can already see it. Such a strong man you are!
  • Heh, I really missed that part of me. I had always been on the strong side after all that work at Ordon.
  • I remember. You were more than fit when we met.
  • Yeah. The Master Sword did a good job back there.
  • ... I just want to say you are very handsome, dear- Said Time and laid on his bed- Care to join me?
  • Ah... I think I'll wait a bit.
  • Wait for what? You have so sleep here, pumpkin' pae.
  • Stop imitatin' my accent, dah-lin'.
  • Hey...
  • You started!
  • Why do you want to wait, though?
  • Thin's have been escalatin' quickly. I'm not ready, Time.
  • Say that last part purely in your accent and I promise I will do no more than kiss you, darling.
  • Fine: A'm not ready, Taem. You happy?
  • Very happy. Well, good night!
  • That was easy.
  • Don't count on it. I'm still waiting for the kissing part- He jumped out of bed in only a pair of white tights, took Twi in his arms and dragged him into bed- I love you, sweetheart.
  • And I love you too, but get off me!
  • I will- He took Twi by his cheeks to kiss his forehead- I won't hurt you, dear. You don't have to be afraid all the time. You are safe here.
  • Yeah, you say that right after you take me in bed and lay on top of me. What a perfect situation.
  • Sorry, sweetie. I guess I'm just too playful. I should control myself.
  • I think it'll stop bein' so hard in the future, but right now, this is all scary for me- He hugged Time- Can ya' please wait more, Taem?
  • Of course, Twi. For you, I can wait forever.
  • Thank you... Now, it's my turn- He took Time by his neck and slid his tongue over the side of his face.
  • Ah... I love it when you do that.
X
  • So a celebration, ja?
  • Yes! Sky said we could, like, celebrate my birthday today!
  • Very vell. Peap and I vill go get some ingredients to bake a cake.
  • Oh! I am certain Twi knows how to bake!
  • Perfect. He vill be back soon along viss Time. I vill take ze ozer boys viss me to help.
  • Okay! And, like, bring a lot of stuff, yeah?
  • Ja, mein kinder. I am happy to see you ziss excited.
  • You have, like, no idea how much I wanted this! It's been, like forever.
  • Hmm, on second zought, I vill stay. I have to be here if Albi needs me. Sky, could you please take my place?
  • Me? But...
  • Please, Sky. I am sure you vill do a good job--- Vindy, please go viss Ravio, Albi and Engi.
  • Oh, okay!
  • And Sky---
  • Thou should not leave me alone with thy partner. I cannot bear it.
  • Zat is somezing you must let go.
  • How can I? He constantly brings up the memory of my own love into my head, it rushes to my heart and it becomes a pain like no other.
  • Sky, go.
  • I cannot.
  • You can. And after ziss, I want you to visit your fiance.
  • What?
  • Surely he misses you, too. He must need you.
Sky pressed his lips together. He tried to hold back his feelings like a violent sneeze. He knew Lieb was right, and he could not believe himself for setting Pipit aside to try and escape reality. Multiple thoughts went in and out of his being, becoming so many they flooded his face in tears.
  • Sky, please, do not cry. I am sorry.
  • What hurts the most is thou art right. I have neglected him...
  • It is normal, Sky. Easy is not a way to describe ziss. Your brothers all have personal problems. Twi is in perhaps van of ze most delicate situations, but that does not mean any ozer errands are vorth any less.
  • Time has problems as well?
  • You vould be surprised. I vas a bit vorried to let him alone viss Twi, but I believe in his vill, and he vas ze best option to take care of the boy.
  • Thou were worried?
  • Time is violent on some occasions, a terrible match for Twi. Fortunately, Ravio told me ze potion used to cure Time's eye and Engi's arms vork like a powerful “antidote” for anger, rage, and deep sadness, however, sometimes it may not have that second effect.
  • That does sound very powerful- He dried his yet wet eyes- Hm! Very well, Lieb. I will take thy place.
  • Excellent. And also, make sure to bring the boy a present.
  • Oh! Of course!
XI
  • Why didn't you tell anyone this before!?
  • It is nothing I would share just like that! Just look at your silly reaction.
  • Gee! Silly? What's silly about my reaction!?
  • You are so rejecting! You are judging me over a--- job!
  • If you do it, it's for a reason. I really don't want to know more about you. Talk to me when you want to go back to Hyrule. That's all.
  • That's it?!- Shouted Albi, very agitated in his wheelchair- You--- You don't know what--- you are saying.
  • Mr. Hero, that's enough- Interrupted Ravio, trying to calm the boys down- Please, Link, you even made Windy go back to the kitchen.
  • It's not--- my fault!- He gasped for air- You don't even know how I feel, Ravio! You can't.
  • I know...
  • No one can, Albi- Added Engi- You are a mess! That's what you are, just a big, big mess!
  • Not that you are--- any less --- of it!
  • Me?! I'm not selling my body for money, Albi.
  • I did what I had to do.
  • No, you didn't have to do it.
  • ...- Ravio simply stood back waiting for the discussion to be over.
  • Engi, I really thought--- you were my friend.
  • We've known each other for a couple of days or so, and as things are, not well enough. You are not my friend.
  • Fine... Go way- Finished Albi finding himself terribly exhausted.
  • Sending me away won't solve your problem.
  • I'm done, Engi. Please, leave me alone.
  • You know what, you are worthless. That's the reason why nobody likes you, the same reason why you have to sell yourself! Nobody wants you. No one.
  • Stop...- Begged Albi becoming deeply emotional.
  • I won't! You are disgusting!
  • Engi, that's enough!- Ravio stepped in- He has done nothing to you. You don't have to act this way.
  • Don't act like you care!---
  • Zat is enough!- Rushed in Lieb- Engi, go inside!
  • But---
  • Go inside.
  • Ack!- He stomped his boots into Lin's house.
  • Albi...- Lieb looked worriedly at the young boy.
  • I just--- want to be alone- He cried endlessly.
  • Ravio, could you please leave me alone viss Albi? Make sure Engi does not keep going on Vindy. That kid has an emotional problem. He cannot control his rage once it has started.
  • Yes, yes! I’ll take care of it!- Ravio said and then hopped his way to Windy's side in the house.
  • Forgive me. I should have been here- Apologized Lieb, taking Albi by one of his hands.
  • It does not matter, Lieb. What he said is all real. I am worthless.
  • You are not- He placed his hand over Albi's chest- Your heart is pounding too fast. Breaz in, love. I vill try to calm it down.
  • Did you--- just call me love?
  • Yes. You are my child now- He slowly took his hand off the boy's body- Zere.
  • Thank you.
  • Bitte. Albi, do not take Engi's vords so seriously.
  • It is not that simple because I believe in them. I have believed it since a long time ago. It hurts.
  • Hmm. You know, I do not see vhat he does, and I see quite vell for a man viss one eye.
  • Heh, heh!
  • See? You have a beautiful laugh, your voice is quiet, soothing and honest.
  • I cannot see any of that...
  • You vill. I can see all of zat viss one eye, and you have two gorgeous and big sapphires in your face. One day, you vill see vhat I see and more. And you know somezing else?
  • Yes?
  • You are very vell spoken. You are a smart boy. If you do not believe me, ask Ravio. I bet he sees you in an even more schön vay than I do. Albi, he fell in love viss you viss no heart in his chest. How vonderful vould someone have to be to make anozer feel vhen zey cannot?
  • Heh...- He lightly smiled and looked at the man with long hair- It means a lot. Danke.
  • Bitte!
  • I like having you as my “mom-dad”.
  • And I like having you as my son.
XII
Day 24
  • (...) Heh, heh, heh!- Giggled Twi as he opened the door to Time's house being followed by his partner.
  • And really, dear, I had never heard you laugh so much in one single day.
  • It was a fun day!
  • Nothing like a picnic at Lon Lon Ranch.
  • It was amazin'- He dropped on Time's bed- But now I'm very tired- He stretched and hugged a pillow in his arms.
  • And Epona really seemed to like you.
  • She's nice--- Heh, heh, heh--- but she was starin' at us like sayin' “ What happened here? There's two of you!” Hah, hah, hah---
  • ... Darling, are you okay?
  • It's the pie.
  • I can see that. I thought I had brought Twi with me, not Sky!
  • Sorry, heh, heh.
  • Naw, I'm happy to see you this way, sweetheart- Said Time and sat by Twi.
  • And it's funny how most of your friends are girls.
  • There should have been a hint there, huh?
  • Hah, hah! Yes. You are special, Time. But really, how did you become engaged with a Zora?!
  • Ah, it's quite a story, but what happened in short is that I needed the Zora's Sapphire to open the Gate of Time in the Temple of Time. I helped her escape a whale called Jabu-Jabu, and she gave the stone to me, but when she did, she said something about that stone being some engagement artifact. It was not a nice surprise.
  • Hah, hah, hah! No, It was not. She's annoyin'.
  • Yes... And she can be worse. Ruto is quite a character.
  • And let's see... Zelda is your cousin.
  • Yes.
  • She's much nicer than Zelda back at my land.
  • Your Zelda is on the cold side.
  • She has no feelin's! --- And Malon, she's from my species.
  • A “ranch person”?
  • Yes! Exactly that.
  • Oh, dear...
  • But Time, why didn't you want to go back to Kokiri? I thought we'd visit.
  • I haven't gone there for years, dear. It's not that easy.
  • Hmm... You know, Time, it's okay if you don't want to listen to me, but I think you should go there. I mean, they were your friends.
  • Ah, I know, dear...- He rubbed the back of his neck- I'll try.
  • Yes, do that- He affirmed taking Time's ocarina, which was in the vanity beside his bed, in his hands- How does this work?- He blew on it producing a deep “toot” sound.
  • You have to cover the little holes with your fingers and blow to produce music.
The young man placed his fingers along the ocarina in different patterns. He produced long, sharp and deep sounds and he tried to imprint each note with the positioning of his hands. The older man looked at him intensely and listened. From not to note, his music began to take shape in a tune familiar to Time. He was freed from his trance as he realized Twi played a song he had learned before in a distant travel, in a land where there were no more than three days to survive an imminent moonfall.
  • Tooot, tooot, tooooot, Tooot, tooot, tooooot--- Tooot, tooot, tooooot, Tooot, tooot, tooooot.
  • Darling...
  • Yeah?
  • It's... Nothing, heh, heh.
  • It's not nothin', Time.
  • I believe I know the song you... played.
  • It's just the---
  • Beginning of it, I know.
  • Really?- Twi asked, confused- Then take the ocarina- He pushed it in Time's hands- You play, I follow.
  • How?
  • I sing.
  • You sing?
  • ... Yeah.
  • I am going to love this- Said Time placing the ocarina between his lips.
  • Let's see if I can make up some lyrics--- Start.
Deep in dreams
seek your fears
and look for a light.

Let all tears
and those fears
from your heart, aside.

All the pain
in the path,
will banish away.

There's no rain---
bow if you don't endure the rain.

  • Hmm- Thought Twi- That's all I can come up with for now.
Time put the ocarina away and smiled at his boy.
  • What?- Asked Twi, looking at Time's watering eyes.
  • Your singing is beautiful, darling. And what you sing is... heartfelt.
  • Thank you, Time. It means a lot to me.
  • You don't need to thank me, sweetheart. I hope the others and I can hear more of your singing soon. You were gifted with that voice, dear. It's beautiful.
  • Heh, it's not that amazin'.
  • It is! Dear, I know a major singing voice when I hear one.
  • Thanks- He replied taking the stone Windy had given them- We have to call Engi soon.
  • Yes, I remember that well--- And say, dear, where did you learn that song?
  • I howled it at a stone once- He looked into the ceiling lost in his memory- It was a stone with a circle shaped hole. The wind that went through it played this notes--- Heh, heh- He giggled snapping out of it- I must sound crazy. Stones that make music.
  • I believe you, dear.


XIII

  • Ravio?
  • Mr. Hero! Are you doing better?
  • Yes, a lot better.
  • Yay!!!- He hugged the boy in the wheelchair.
  • Thank you for standing up for me back there.
  • I don't like to see you sad and crying, Link.
  • And vhere is ze mad boy?
  • Engi, like, was called by Twi and Time and little ago, so he, like, went to get them.
  • It has already been thirty minutes? Vell, vell! Zat vas fast. Albi, I think it would be good if ve take a baz and a nap.
  • Yes. I am actually very tired.
  • Ja. Vindy, Ravio, stay here vhile I take care of Albi. And please, do not step up to Engi if he is yet angry vhen he is back. You boys vould only feed his rage.
  • Okay!
  • Got it.

While alone, both boys went for a tour around Lin's house: it was big. The backyard was a perfect place for celebrating parties. Tall trees were on either side, and a wooden fence was there to set the limits. Everything was colorful inside, and they noticed objects they had not seen before. Many paintings and small statues representing, yes, Link.
  • How come, like, we didn't see this before?
  • We were too distracted! I love everything Lin has here! IT'S SO COOL!
  • Hah, hah! Stop screaming, hah, hah! You are, like, so funny.
  • It's in my nature! Dance with Ravio!
  • Hey, speaking about that, like, how do you do that little dance?
  • My Ravio dace? It's easy! Here, I show you. First, you have to lift your arms in the air.
  • Okay!- He outstretched his arms to the Sky- Like this?
  • Yes! And now, you have to lift one leg.
  • Got it.
  • Then, you bend the knee from the foot you have on the ground two times, but just slightly!
  • Yes!
  • And then you jump to land on your other foot, and bend that leg two times again!
  • Woop! Done! You just do it back and forth,right?
  • Yes, yes! Dance with Ravio, with Ravio!
  • This is fun! Hah, hah!
  • Yay! Dance, dance!

The boys kept jumping in the middle of the living room. The main entrance to the house turned it's knob slowly and was followed by a couple of voices.

  • What in Hyrule are you two doin'?
  • Twi!- Shouted the kids looking at the man.
  • Whoa! Twi, you look good! Like, whoa!
  • Ravio doesn't have muscles like those!- Said Ravio, still dancing.
  • If you keep jumpin' like that, maybe you will.
  • And Time- Continued Windy- Your hair is longer now!
  • It appears the year I was away in my land did not reflect here, yet it did back there, dear.
  • But really, Twi!- The boy was still amazed by Twi's looks- You look, like, my grandma would say “ a big and strong boy”. How did this happen, like, thirty days can't really do that, can they?
  • Ah, it was Lieb's doin'. His potions and other thin's he made the process faster.
  • And guys, where is Engi?- Asked Ravio.
  • He said he had to pick something up in Lieb's land, darling.
  • But, Lieb, like, didn't tell 'em to go for anythin'.
  • He told us- Began Twi as he sat down- That the Master Sword sent him there.
  • I wonder, like, what he will get there.
  • All I know is Berry likes travelin' on the train.
  • Your pet is very interesting, dear.
  • Berry? But he can't see! Why, like, would he like to travel in the train?
  • He says he like the noise and the movement of it- Replied Twi.
  • Weird- Concluded Windy
  • I'm just glad to be back with you guys- Said Twi- Bein' with Time was amazin', but I actually missed you.
  • I missed you too, like, this thirty minutes. And you know something? Sky's so , like, going to cry when he sees you!


XIV
Let's bake a cake!

And he did.

  • Aaah!!! Twi, thou art so handsome!
  • Ah, thanks.
  • Verily! The memory of our first meeting is yet in my mind. Thy attitude was so different, now thou look so happy! And in thy land; the scarring, it has gone away. Even thy hair looks nicer! Everything is perfect! And thou hast muscles bigger than my own! Dost thou feel well?
  • I feel wonderful, Sky. I've changed. I feel even better than before my adventure and durin' my adventure, too.
  • I am so happy!- He hugged Twi tightly.
  • I am happy too, Sky- He, surprisingly, hugged Sky back with the same strength.
  • Ah, Twi! Thou art too strong!
  • Whoops, sorry.
  • It is fine.
  • Hey, Sky! Come here, huh?- Called Peap.
  • Yes! Oh, Twi, you bake cakes, right?
  • Yes.
  • And pies?
  • Yeah...
  • Can thou make some for us, please? We wish to celebrate Windy's past birthdays.
  • Sure thin'. You have what's needed?
  • Yes!
  • Then, sure. I'll help you out.
  • I love thee- Said Sky overjoyed - Thou make me so happy with thy happiness!
  • Hey, calm down.
  • Please, follow me- Instructed Sky, taking Twi by his hand.
  • Time, you go and talk with Lieb, yeah?
  • Sure, dear- Replied Time seeing his boy pulled away by Sky.
  • Heh, heh! My boys!--- Now, where is Lieb?
  • He's at the bathing room!- Shouted Windy from the distance.
  • Thanks, sweetie!- Yelled back Time with his hand placed by his face- Well, time to talk with the prince.

He walked towards the white door where Lieb had taken care of Twi some days--- or minutes--- before.

  • Knock, knock! Lieb, dear, is it okay of I come in?- He said from one side of the door.
  • Ja! Come in, Time.

Time slid the door open to find Albi covered in foam and bubbles in the big, porcelain tub.

  • Hello, boy- He greeted in a low voice- How are you feeling, Albi?
  • Very tired.
  • He has been falling asleep vhile bazing.
  • Really?
  • Yes. I just want to sleep- Confirmed Albi, closing his eyes.
  • Hey, hey! Vait! Vake up, child!
  • Sorry...
  • Well, I might as well help you out so this is done faster, darlings.
  • Danke. It is hard for me to do ziss. My only arm is busy, so I can only help him beiz or keep him from falling asleep.
  • Of course, dear. I understand. Good thing now you have two extras right here- Said Time waving his hands- I'll help you with the sleeping part.
  • Hm! Danke, Time.
  • What is that word you use? “Bitte!”
  • Heh, heh! Ja!
  • Aww, he actually fell asleep- Said Time holding Albi in his arms.
  • Ziss day vas not the best for him.
  • Why is that?
  • He had an argument viss Engi. It vas herzbreaking for him, and I am sure Engi did not feel good about it eizer.
  • With Engi? But they seemed very close, at least to me.
  • Zey vhere, but every relationship has its limits--- Time, I need you to have a talk viss Engi.
  • ... Why me?
  • I zink he vould listen to you. You are ze rite person.
  • Okaaay, sweetie. I will.
  • And I vill need Twi to talk viss Albi.
  • I'm not sure Twi will be ready for that, dear.
  • I understand zat- He said turning on a small “bathing hose”- But I need Albi to feel someone knows vhat he has endured. Twi is the closest case to his.
  • Darling, this is worrying me- Said Time clearly startled- What do you mean? What happened to this boy?
  • He vas, and by vhat he told me, still is a vork boy.
  • A working boy?!- Expressed Time with a clearly surprised expression in his face- Dear, that can't be true--- It can't...
  • It is. He told me everyzing. It vas not made up.
  • Oh, dear...- Time looked at the boy in his arms feeling hurt himself- Why?- He asked Lieb.
  • I am still not certain--- please, hold him vell, I need to take the soap off him.
  • Sure, sure- He did as instructed- But what did he tell you?
  • He said he did it simply because he vanted to, but I doubt zat is the main reason- Said Lieb as he continued to wash the boy.
  • I see... Poor thing.
  • Ja. It is not a happy life for most people.
  • I'll tell Twi about this. I believe you are right. He should talk with Albi.
  • Danke- Thanked Lieb and turned the water off- Now, please help me empty the tub and take the boy out.
  • Sure, dear- Replied Time and helped the boy asleep out- Dear Nayru, a sack of potatoes weighs more than this boy!
  • He is no more zan 35 kilograms. He is mostly bone weight.
  • No wonder he has been so delicate- Said Time as he wrapped a towel around him.
  • It surprises me zat he is alive- Confirmed Lieb taking Albi's wheelchair folded under his arm.
  • I need to take him to Lin's room. He must rest and be reconnected to his nutrient system.
  • I'll take him there, dear.
  • Danke.

In a colorful room, the air became covered in powder and sweet scented flavorings. All the boys were happy to help Twi prepare not only one, but many bowls of cake mix.

  • I want chocolate!
  • Vanilla!
  • Strawberry!
  • Kids, I'll make whatever I can- Said Twi while mixing and stirring- I think we'll make a cake with many floors, that way we can have more than one flavor.
  • Yay!!!- Shouted all the kids together.
  • Now, now- Interrupted Peap- The kitchen is very small, so go and play outside. Twi, Sky and Windy will stay here.
  • And you?
  • I'll come with you, boys.
  • You'll play with us?
  • Yes. Let's go!
  • Whoo-hoo!- The boys all shouted and ran outside.

The room became considerably silent.

  • Ah, I'm glad that's over- Said Twi.
  • Heh, heh! Oh, Twi, thou art so impatient.
  • Hey, kids and I should not mix, Sky. It doesn't work.
  • But Windy is still here.
  • Yeah, I'm here!
  • Well,you are the birthday boy, that gives you somethin' special.
  • Yes! I, like, want a big, big cake! Very big!
  • Considerin' how small you are, that doesn't worry me.
  • Hey!
  • Ow, Twi! Thou meanie!
  • I'm the tallest one here right now- Said Twi stirring the mix in his bowl.
  • It is not fair, Twi! Thou art only taller than me by a little!
  • I'm still taller.
  • Hmm!!! Meanie, meanie, meanie!!!
  • Shortie, shortie, shortie.
  • Ack!- Pouted Sky.
  • Darlings, darlings, darlings, calm down! Heh, heh- Time said walking into the kitchen- Hmm! Smells good. What are we making?
  • Cake!- Shouted Windy- And Time, tell Twi to stop bossing around!
  • Twi, stop bossing around.
  • Hah, hah! Very funny, Taem.
  • Just calm down, sweetie.
  • I'm just happy we are all together again- Added Twi- I like to play with them.
  • Hmm, you like to play with them but not with me, dear.
  • Oh, heh, heh!- Sky giggled naughtily.
  • Eww- Said Windy.
  • Hey, I don't like the games you wanna play.
  • Mmm-hmm!--- YET!
  • Sky!- Shouted back Twi.
  • Ah, hah, hah!- Sky laughed like crazy and ran out to the living room.
  • What happened just now, dear?
  • Sky, that's what happened. A lot of Sky.
  • Heh, heh! I, like, missed these kind of moments with all of you.
  • Well, now, help me pour these bowls into their molds. What time is it?
  • About six o' clock.
  • I'm afraid we'll eat until after the Carnival, Windy- Warned Twi.
  • That's, like, fine! It'll be even cooler! Maybe Lin and Pipodi could join us, too!
  • Sounds good to me, darling.
  • Well, okay--- And don't think I can't hear you Sky!- He turned around and looked out the door- Stop laughing!
  • Heh, heh, heh--- HAH HAH HAH! I cannot stop!
  • Okay, I'll make you stop!- Said Twi placing the bowl in his hands on a table and taking his pink apron off- You asked for it.
  • No, no! Hah, hah, hah! Nooo!
  • You wanna laugh, I'll make you laugh!- Said Twi placing his hands under Sky's shirt.
  • No! No tickling! I will die!
  • You won't. C'mon, laugh!
  • Hah, hah, hah! Stop! HAH HAH HAH--- Oh, by Hylia! Stop, stop!
  • Fine- Said Twi, leaving Sky alone.
  • Ah... That was so bad. My tummy hurts.
  • Good thin', and if you make fun of me again, it'll be worse.
  • No! Sorry, Twi.
  • That's more like it.
  • He really is different, huh, Time?
  • He is, dear.
  • I like him. He looks, like, happy, but he's still Twi.
  • He may have some recovering left to do, but as of now, he's doing well.
  • I'm happy he bakes- Said Windy pouring one of the bowls into a mold- This cake's gonna be yummy!- He stuck his finger in the dough to have a taste- Mmm!
  • Oh, darling.

XV
Carnival

  • Twi, it's time to get going, dear!- Shouted Time- And don't forget to put your mask on.
  • Sure. Just let me finish coverin' up this cake stuff- He shouted back from the kitchen- And thanks for helpin' me to figure how to use these weird appliances, Peap. This is too advanced for me.
  • I felt the same when I first got here. And well, I'm going up to get Albi and my prince. Get ready.
  • Okay.

Twi took off his apron, washed off his hands, arms and face, and headed out to the living room to pick up his masquerade.

  • I hate wearin' this all the time.
  • It is not that bad, Twi- Comforted Sky- I think it would be worse if people see who we are.
  • Well, that is true--- And what are you wearin'?
  • A dress!
  • Why?
  • Because I like it! I always wanted to wear one, but I was a bit frightened by what people would think about me.
  • So you are usin' the carnival as a tool or somn'?
  • A little bit, perhaps. Time told me people like to use costumes in carnivals, and even when this is not a costume to me, I will not be targeted as much, I believe.
  • Well, it's the first time. I'm happy for you. It's a nice dress, too. Pink suits you nicely.
  • I thank thee!
  • It looks cuter with that mask on, too.
  • Heh, heh! Many thanks, Twi.
  • No problem. I can see how happy you feel.
  • I am!
  • Hey, guys- Interrupted Engi- Glad I was able to find you here.
  • We thought you wouldn’t make it in time.
  • Ah, I was back a while ago, but I, heh, took some time to think about something- He said placing a familiar object on the wall.
  • My mirror?- Asked Twi.
  • The portal to the Dark World. You'll have to go there soon.
  • So that's what the Master Sword sent you for.
  • Yep--- By the way, nice dress, Sky.
  • I thank thee!
  • And you look very healthy, Twi.
  • Thanks, kid.
  • So, darlings, are we all ready?- Asked Time.
  • I think so- Replied Twi.
  • Ja. Ve are, too- Said Lieb, walking down the stairway with along with Ravio and Peap, who carried Albi in his arms.
  • You just have to be careful with Albi- Said Peap placing the boy in his chair- I will stay here.
  • Why, dear?
  • I'll stay and make sure nothing blows up in the kitchen. Besides, it's not the first time I see this carnival. Have fun!
  • Thanks for that- Said Twi- I was worried about the kitchen.
  • Don't worry anymore.
  • Windy!- Called Time- Darling!
  • I'm here! Sorry, sorry!
  • It's okay, dear.
  • I was, like, with Blue, Green, Red and Vio. They said they'd be there later.
  • Very well. Then, let's go.


Time, Twi, Sky, Windy, Lieb, Engi, Albi and Ravio left Lin's house behind them. They walked to the central part of the island under the night sky. Lanterns of many colors illuminated the streets. The sound of people talking became closer and closer. Small tents with goods and shouting merchants appeared along the path, some offering food, others selling sweets and pastries, as well as those who wished to sell toys and games.
  • Everything is so colorful!- Said Sky, amazed by the landscape.
  • And noisy- Added Twi- And whatever you do, no pastries, got that?
  • Yes!- Replied Windy and Sky.
  • Time, you are quiet- Noticed Twi.
  • I am only lost in many of my memories- He said recalling the Carnival of Time at Termina- This is much nicer, though.
  • And art thou fine, Lieb?- Asked Sky.
  • I am still not used to being among this many people, but I have to be here for Albi.
  • So, if not, you would have stayed home?
  • Ja. Peap encouraged me to come, but I am well aware of my missing arm and eye.
  • You are fine, Mr. Prince!- Said Ravio as he pushed Albi's chair- We all have something different! My hair is purple and I'm very noisy! Albi is tubed---
  • And on a chair.
  • Sky's wearing a dress---
  • I am!
  • Time is tall and he's with Twi. I bet they don't care if people see them kissing. Whenever you feel left out, do the Ravio dance and you'll be better!
  • Heh, heh! Danke, Ravio.
  • And thou have many nice traits, too, Lieb. So do not worry.
  • Hm! Ja. Danke.

The Heroes' Statue appeared brighter than before. The bottom was bathed in flowers and notes written in colorful paper.

  • Hi, guys!- Said Lin running towards the boys- You are right on time!--- And nice dress, Sky.
  • Many thanks!
  • You're welcome! Now, see the flowers and the notes at the bottom of the statue?
  • Yes!- Replied all the boys.
  • Each one of them was brought by a different person. They come and throw their flowers, notes or both at the statue for good fortune, health, love, a better future, yada yada! Whatever thing they wish to improve.
  • So, all this faith is bestowed on us?- Asked Twi, overwhelmed.
  • Yes! Each note is a wish someone has written. After the carnival, the spirits take these notes. Some say they have received a reply in a letter shaped as a butterfly that has flown all the way to their homes.
  • So... we do that?- Continued to ask Twi.
  • Yes, you could say that.
  • I am amazed- Expressed Time.
  • Come with me! The ceremony is about to begin!- Said Lin pulling Twi by his hand- Follow me, all of you.

The walked nearer to the statue, going through many chairs filled with people, and sat on the front row.

  • I can see there are also Zoras and Gorons here, dear- Said Time, peeking at the other chairs around them.
  • Everybody knows about Link- Said Lin- I'm pretty sure you left your mark on these other species, too.
  • And Ritos?- Asked Windy- But I thought Zoras evolved into Ritos.
  • It was a theory that was discarded once an ancient civilization of Zoras was discovered under the sea in a deeper place than sunken Hyrule.
  • Oh! I, like, think I get it!
  • And shh! Here comes Zelles! He's our prince. He will give a small speech for us.

A young man who resembled Princess Zelda stood in a podium on the base of the Heroes' Statue and was introduced by one of Lin's teachers:

  • My good people, we thank you for your patience. I here by present you Prince Zelda, better known as Zelles. Welcome, your highness.
  • Thank you- He looked at all the people standing before him- One more year has gone by, another year in which we have felt the love left behind by our hero, Link. Some come from far away places in the mountains- He looked at the Gorons- Or even at the depths of the sea- He glanced at the Zoras- And there are even those who flew their way here- He referred to the Ritos- And all with one same reason, to thank these men who have been there for us regardless of any time, any moment, or any hardship. When evil was bestowed upon Hyrule's destiny, he, the wielder of the Master Sword, was there. He may not have known every person he saved, yet even so he risked his life for every one of them, for every one of us. This day, we all gather to thank him for all he did, for all he was and for all he will be, for this story does not end- He lifted the back of his hand at the audience- I, the one who is in possession of the Triforce of Wisdom know my destiny, and in the same way, I know I can count on this person now and always- The triangle on his hand began to glow as he spoke- Through this three sided mark on our hands we shall be united and repeat the legend once again. Until that happens, we shall give back as much as he has given us. Thank you- Zelles concluded and bowed.

The audience applauded Zelles' speech with great enthusiasm and hope. Many jumped in joy, others felt a great force within them, and some others cried.

  • I'm sorry...
  • Oh, Twi, that's okay. Don't worry- Said Lin, trying to make Twi calm down.
  • You are not the only one who was moved by those words, dear- Confirmed Time, drying his eyes.
  • It is a nice feeling- Added Sky- To be someone is nice.
  • Hey- Lin noticed all the boys were covering the back of his hands, and Lieb covered his left shoulder- What's wrong? Why are you covering up?
  • When Zelles called upon his Triforce, ours responded to it. It is glowing- Replied Sky.
  • Oh! I see now.
  • And Lin, thank you for bringin' us here- Thanked Twi- Like Sky said, it's nice to be someone.
  • And you are way more than just someone, all of you, Link- Affirmed Lin.




  • I want to change, Ravio.
  • Hm?
  • He's right, Zelles is right. Sometimes you think so much about others that you forget who you are.
  • Mr. Hero...
  • I saved people, I saved Hyrule---
  • And Lorule.
  • Yes, now, I have to save myself from this.
  • I will help you in everything I can, Link.
  • Thank you.

Explosions began to brighten the sky in colorful beams of light.

  • No carnival is complete without fireworks- Said Time.
  • They are extraordinary, but noisy like bombs- Added Sky.
  • And listen- Interrupted Lin- Listen to the people.

With each explosion in the air, people shouted in one same voice “ Long live Origin”, “Long live The Hero of the Skies”, “Long live the Hero of Time”, “Long live the Hero of Twilight”, “ Long live the Hero of Winds”, “Long live the Hero of Worlds” (...)

  • They'll repeat that until they get tired, heh, heh!- Said Lin- And Engi, you haven't said one single thing.
  • I forgot you were with us- Added Twi.
  • I'm thoughtful- He looked at Albi- I'm just thoughtful.
  • This struck you too, huh? Well, I still have to meet Pipodi. We'll be busy for quite a while. Go and have fun at the Carnival. I'll meet you back home.
  • Thanks, Lin, a lot.
  • Yes, thank you, darling.
  • Many thanks.
  • No problem. I just hope you have found the strength you needed--- And Twi, you look amazing. I assume Lieb helped.
  • Yes.
  • It's good to see you this healthy. Good luck!
  • Bye!

XVI

  • Happy –not-- birthday, Windy!- Shouted Green, Blue, Red and Vio as Windy walked through the main door to Lin's home.
  • Hey! You actually stayed here?
  • Yes!
  • We decorated!
  • And we are ready to decorate the cake, too!
  • Fine, I got it- Said Twi walking back to the kitchen.
  • So, how was everything?- Asked Peap.
  • It vas very significant.
  • And soon, you'll be there, too.
  • Vhat?
  • You are Link too, my prince. Actually, you are already there, the thing is you cannot be shown any for your adventure because you come from a time where you haven't gone through it yet.
  • Makes sense- Said Lieb sitting down at a white sofa- Albi, vould you like to go back to the dorm room or vill you stay?
  • I want to stay here.
  • Ja. Very Vell.
  • And I will be here, too! Let's play Mr. Hero!
  • What do you want to play?
  • Hmm, I'm not sure.
  • Don't worry about me. Go and have some cake.
  • Are you sure, Link?- Asked Ravio, not sure of he should do what Albi had told him.
  • Yes, go and have fun. I'll stay here with Lieb.
  • Okay! Ravio flies to the kitchen, to the kitchen!
  • ... Oh, Ravio- Expressed Albi covering his face in his hand.
  • Heh, heh. You bouz are nozing alike.
  • Not at all.
  • And sugar, where is the dress boy?- Asked Peap.
  • Oh, Sky? He vent to visit his fiance.
  • How nice- Said Peap sitting by Lieb's side.
  • He's engaged, eh?
  • Yes, Albi. I only hope zings turn out vell in this visit.
  • Here's the cake!!!- Shouted Windy.
  • Zat is one big cake- Said Lieb standing up.
  • Woof! Well, here it is- Said Twi placing it on the table- Three floors of sweet bread and sugar.
  • You did a great job, sweetie!
  • Thanks, Time. I also baked some pie, but I'm savin' that for Sky.
  • Good, dear--- So, can we tuck in?
  • Sure, go ahead.
Serving the cake was a lot more fun than baking it, and eating it was even better. Multiple layers of chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and sweet frosting melted into the boys' mouths.
  • Mmm!
  • Twi, your cake is so yummy!
  • Like, I wish you could live with me and make cakes all the time!
  • Yumm, yumm!
  • It is delicious.
  • Thanks, boys.
  • I think I vill fire my chef and take you back to the castle Twi.
  • Tired of mushroom cakes?
  • Precisely.
  • Albi can't eat, can he?- Asked Twi, looking at the boy accompanied by Peap.
  • I am afraid not.
  • What a shame- Concluded Twi.
  • Hey!- Interrupted a very happy voice- Am I on time for the cake?
  • Uh... Yes, Sky- Said Twi- But what in Hyrule happened?!

All the boys stared at Sky. His dress was poorly aligned, his hair looked as if it had been attacked by a tornado.

  • Ah... Nothing?- Said Sky looking at his messy self- Nothing.
  • You are bad liar, Sky- Said Lieb.
  • I know what happened- Interupted Time- I think things went rather well with your boyfriend.
  • Maybe...- Said Sky with a stupid smile drawn on his face.
  • Tsk, tsk! Take a shover and zen you can eat- Ordered Lieb.
  • But---
  • Clean yourself, Sky.
  • Oww, fine!- Resigned Sky walking to Lin's room.
  • C'mon Sky! I baked some pie for you. Make it snappy!
  • Pie! Yes, yes!- Shouted the young man, running at high speed to make himself clean sooner.
  • Vhat a mess.
  • He can be so naive!- Declared Time.
  • He was worse when I met 'em- Added Twi.
  • I'm happy- Interrupted Windy.
  • And ve have a present for you- Said Lieb.
  • A present!? What is it, what is it?
  • Sky picked it up for you. Ve hope you like it.
  • Let me see!

Lieb took a box covered in red wrapping paper and a golden ribbon from a counter.

  • Open it.
  • Yay!- He shouted and opened lifted off the top of the box- I LOVE IT!- He screamed taking out a big and white stuffed animal- It's an enormous crawfish!!! It's bigger than me!
  • He likes it- Said Twi.
  • Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
  • Bitte! Ziss is a present from all of us.
  • Thank you guys! I, like, I think I'm gonna cry.
  • Oww, darling!
  • And I zink ziss settles it. Tonight is our last night of relaxation- Explained Lieb- Ze Dark Vorld is vaiting.
  • Yes!- Said Windy.
  • And we are ready- Confirmed Twi.
  • This day, the Carnival, this whole experienced has put us back on the right road- Affirmed Time.
  • I know we can do this!- Said Sky from upstairs- I may be wet in a bathing robe, but I am ready!
  • Oh, Sky!
  • Hah, hah, hah!- Laughed Twi- Talk about sayin't thin's at the best moment.
  • Sorry, it was becoming quite serious.
  • It vill be soon.

All the boys stared at the mirror hanged on the wall, the new door to their destiny.

    Here ends Chapter 13 of Scattered Heart Chain
Written by Kim-SukLey

Revised by Thunderboltmanor

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario